Is there something you could disclose to yourself or to others that would cause you to say "There! I've said it!" Do you have something that has been holding you back, weighing you down or frozen with fear? By not only admitting the issue, but outwardly expressing it, it helps bring to light the dark that has kept your worry/concern/problem lurking in the shadows of your mind.
Were you ever told you are not good enough? Not smart enough? You'll never amount to anything? You can't do what the others can do? You aren't pretty enough? You don't have enough? You don't have anything of value to say? You are not talented enough? Somewhere along the line, we chose to buy into what was said to us and turned it into our truth. When in reality, there is no reason any of us should ever compare ourselves to anyone else. There are simply too many variables for any sort of comparison to be logical.
In both instances with my friends (as I'm sure it is with most people) when you get to the bottom of the distressful "thought" they are based on some sort of fear. Fear of failure, fear of rejection, fear of discrimination, fear of not feeling worthy enough or having enough. The list is endless and they are all based on fear. How to obtain emotional freedom - Get to the root of that fear. Can you go back and recall the first time you had this thought? Getting to the core of the issue is where you need to go so you can have an understanding of where it came from to begin with.
A few steps to break free from thoughts that are holding you back:
1. What is your fearful thought? Say it out loud! There, you've said it!
2. Now ask, is this true? Is this really really true? (Not just the fearful thought, but the reason you started having this thought to begin with.)
3. Ask yourself what is the exact opposite of this thought? Is that true? (I'll bet it is!)
4. What are some positive affirmations you can say surrounding your new thoughts?
5. What are some positive actions you can take that are in alignment with your new thoughts?
6. Repeat steps 4 and 5 until the new positive thought is now your "new truth."
Go ahead and divulge your darkest fear. Share your secret with a trusted source. Reveal what has kept you from living your authentic life. Reclaim your power! It is like cutting the ties that bind or breaking that link in the chain that has held you hostage and kept you from living the life of your dreams.